Re: exercising the right to remain silent

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Conn" <yahoo@...>
      wrote:

      > I have faced intrusive questions from Immigration and Customs...

      There was a disturbing blurb on Yahoo today about
      ALL travel by every individual is being, and has
      been, tracked, on every flight, for at least the
      past several years, how tickets were paid, etc.

      The unbridled bravado the cast of federal charaters
      exhibit, with impunity, makes it increasingly difficult
      to assert one's rights.

      You are under no obligation to answer questions you
      believe are intrusive. I would ask for the highest
      supervisor possible to explain your stance, and that
      unless you are under arrest, any further destraint
      against your will is unacceptable, and unlawful.
      Any further questions can be addressed, in writing,
      to your attorney.

      Bluster v bravado. Hard to know how else to get
      any redress, or worse, from whom, under the
      circumstances.

      Fight the fight!

      Cheers,

      mn
    • mn_chicago
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
        Apologies. Did not see the more informative
        second half of the post.

        mn
      • tthor.geo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2009
          "In the interests of 'National Security [when I don't feel secure in
          my own nation, it IS a Matter of National Security], the information
          you are requesting is Classified [by ME]. Do you have a Security
          Clearance [MY business is none of YOUR business; f*-off and die.]?
          If not, I can't tell you that."

          ;-)))

          "Randy Conn" <yahoo@...> wrote:

          > I have faced intrusive questions from Immigration and Customs on
          return
          > from overseas trips. As a non criminal, I can tolerate the
          physical
          > inspections as I don't carry contraband or high value items in
          excess of
          > duty free allowance. What bothers me is the intrusive questions.
          The
          > contents of my brain are private and personal. Parents teach their
          > children not to talk to strangers. My theory is that I should be
          able
        • Randy Conn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
            I have been thinking to keep this on a simple verbal level. I can
            always serve them my notice if they continue.

            Can anything I say be used against me?
            If Y->I better stay quiet.
            If N->Put it in writing. I don't volunteer to testify.

            This should help me stay quiet while sleep deprived.

            Are there any other core issues? Frog Farmer? Anything else to do at
            the intial moment of confrontation?
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 15, 2009
              > I have been thinking to keep this on a simple verbal level. I can
              > always serve them my notice if they continue.
              >
              > Can anything I say be used against me?
              > If Y->I better stay quiet.
              > If N->Put it in writing. I don't volunteer to testify.
              >
              > This should help me stay quiet while sleep deprived.
              >
              > Are there any other core issues? Frog Farmer? Anything else to do at
              > the initial moment of confrontation?

              I think you may be onto something with the Quiet Man routine. I start
              by asserting my own authority by questioning any authority proposed to
              belong to anyone else, especially if they are claiming it over me. The
              last time I asked one of these actors who he was, and he replied with a
              corporate office title instead of his first name and surname, I merely
              said, "I don't think so!" He was shocked speechless so I told him we
              could ask his boss, and when I asked, "are you the boss" to one of those
              there, I was told, "no, he is!" indicating the scruffiest of the troupe.
              I've posted the whole story before, but the bottom line was nobody
              refuted me when I contended that they were NOT the officeholders they
              thought they were. And they lied, in front of witnesses. Nothing ever
              came of it.

              I like this line: "Put it in writing so I can show my attorney". But
              that point is only reached with a qualified actor, not a fraudulent
              usurper like Barry Soetoro.

              Remember, you have a right to have an attorney present for any
              "in-custody interrogation". That means even ONE question. So if the
              answer to "am I free to go?" is "no" then you don't have to answer
              ANYTHING.

              And if the answer is "yes", you just walk away.