RE: [tips_and_tricks] § 1983 Civil Rights la wsuit law review

  • Virgil Cooper
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
    • Roger Hattman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
        But, it in a practical sense, it appears as though the only venue for redress of wrongs against state actors is our state (local) courts, which seem to me to be far less nearly impartial than the federal.  Moreover, in Federal, we can redress wrongs against our stronger state rights via concurrent jurisdiction.  If we do not use 1983, are there other legal means for obtaining remedy other than our own, possibly corrupt, local courts?