Re: § 1983 Civil Rights lawsuit law review

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
      Tuesday 6 January 2009

      No to citizens, but okay to "person," aka
      an artificial person, paticularly in the
      "United States."

      > any citizen of the United States or other
      > person within the jurisdiction thereof to
      > the deprivation of any rights, privileges,
      > or immunities secured by the Constitution
      > and laws,

      You emphasized "or other person," and stopped
      short of including "within the jurisdiction
      thereof." That means the "person" subject to
      the "jurisdiction thereof."

      You chosen emphasis on "Constitution" is why?

      Only the federal constitution applies to all
      their good citizens and persons within that
      jurisdition.

      Of course the statute protects both

      Anything else, don't matter.

      From the other jurisdiction,

      mn
    • Virgil Cooper
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
      • Roger Hattman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
          But, it in a practical sense, it appears as though the only venue for redress of wrongs against state actors is our state (local) courts, which seem to me to be far less nearly impartial than the federal.  Moreover, in Federal, we can redress wrongs against our stronger state rights via concurrent jurisdiction.  If we do not use 1983, are there other legal means for obtaining remedy other than our own, possibly corrupt, local courts?