IRS Letter 2050 Overdue Taxes or Tax Returns

  • dstein4
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2008
      I just received one of these today from the Automated Collection
      System. The cover page is asking for phone numbers and at the top
      right of each page is a taxpayer ID that does not look familiar at
      all. The second page which shows it is a Letter 2050 (Rev 01-2004)(LT-
      16), on the lower left corner has a barcode with my assigned SSN with a
      103 at the end and speaks to the overdue taxes. The third page speaks
      to Penalty and Interest. I attempted communication with the IRS a long
      time ago asking them to "show me the law", and I never did receive a
      reply. I stopped filing a tax return around 1998, but still pay
      through my job. On my W-4 I have always signed it with reservation of
      all right (if that really does anything). In short, they are giving me
      10 days to contact them with the threat of seizing wages or property
      and I am looking for some guidance in this matter and am willing to pay
      if needed.

      Thanks in advance.

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Frog Farmer" <frogfrmr@...>