In all due respect....

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2008
      > If you are going to have a fight the system way of looking at things.... and not file taxes etc etc... it seems smarter to get property out of your name before doing things like this. Take away all the ammo in your enemies tool shed before going to war. They do asset checks. If you have an up to date credit file and property and debt then be a taxpayer. If you have nice things then learn how to hide them .... legally. All you have to do is learn more about privacy. Fly under the radar. Remove the possibility of a problem ahead of time.
      < snip >

      That's the best advice for sure, but so few will listen.  The vast majority of folks I've worked with over the years were already in some kind of trouble before they called, but a few were smart enough to realize that some day a problem will come, so take the time to arrange things to be prepared beforehand.  Those who can work as independents do & those who's job skills limit them to taking a job as an employee have no property, bank accounts or even telephone in their own name, use a P.O. Box for mail, etc. so there's nothing to get & they're harder to find.  Yes, they could still go after you for "willful failure to file", but the percentage of cases filed vs. the number of non-filers is miniscule & the Gov't. would much rather spend the time and $$$ going after a high-profile person like Wesley Snipes than a typical 9-to-5 employee who doesn't earn a lot of $$$ and has nothing to seize anyway.

      ~ ~ ~