Re: [tips_and_tricks] Oaths - Petty Technicalities - Re: Removing Bad Judges by Qui-Tan ?

  • yodar.kritch@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2003
      I think you may have missed the most important point here.

      If an oath of office is a requirement of that office and is omitted, then the office has not been filled. If the office has not been filled, however much of a petty technicality it may be, the 'pretender' to the office has access to neither the authority of the office nor any of its protections or perks. In particular, issues addressing immunity and jurisdictional authority are particularly dependent upon these technicalities unless, of course, they are conceded as a matter of neglect.

      Baer