Need to go to work

  • yesworldclassservice
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
      OK, yes I got out of the system back in 1991 and they still send their
      little nasty grams.

      Here's my challenge, As a Realtor, my business has ground to a halt and
      I need to find employment without jumping back into the system. I'm
      open to all suggestions.

      John K
    • mn_chicago
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "yesworldclassservice"
        <yesworldclassservice@...> wrote:
        > Here's my challenge, As a Realtor, my business has ground to a
        > halt and I need to find employment without jumping back into
        > the system. I'm open to all suggestions.

        The one tactic you must take, above all IMO, is
        to reserve your rights when signing anything to
        do with government agency.

        If you have not filed taxes last year, there is a
        form you can give any prospective employer so you
        will not have taxes taken out of your pay, while
        not anticipating having to pay taxes for the next
        year.

        Apologies for not knowing which form, for I read
        about it a few years ago, and cannot recall which
        one. SS is a separate issue.

        How do you reserve your rights?

        Always, always sign "Without Prejudice" above your
        signature, and have your signature overlap the
        reservation so it cannot be erased or "whited out"
        without ruining your signature.

        This especially applies to ALL tax forms. It is a
        contract, and no employer can interfere with you
        contrcting with the taxing agency.

        Any signed tax form, [signed under penalty of perjury]
        is an unconditional contractual nexus you provide the
        taxing agency which gives them "in personam" rights to
        be applied against you, without mercy.

        By reserving your rights, through "Without Prejudice,"
        you are imposing a condition on an unconditional
        contract, making it dead in law, and you retain your
        personam status. You do not want to be "in personam."

        Never admit to being a "citizen" or a "resident" or a
        "citizen of the United States." You are an Illinoisan,
        or a Californian, etc, whatever your state.

        You do not reside, you are domiciled at "address wherever
        you live."

        A few thoughts to keep agency away from huffing and
        puffing to blow your house down. You might spend some
        time on google doing research so you can know your own
        rights, how to assert them, and not rely upon others,
        including me, to get it right for you.

        Do your own due deligence, once you have some direction.

        Cheers!
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
          > Here's my challenge, As a Realtor, my business has ground to a halt
          > and
          > I need to find employment without jumping back into the system. I'm
          > open to all suggestions.

          My first would be to stop using the term "employment". Your subject
          line had it right, you need to go to work. Only slaves need
          "employment" which is just a nice word for voluntary slavery. It also
          implies other facts not in evidence, best left not implied.

          If you want to sell my fossils you're welcome to do it. They've never
          had better value in the last twenty years. I can't figure out why, but
          am just going by results. This year they have really taken off. For
          example, I trade for all my food with them and in so doing get better
          food than I could ever afford to give money for. The only drawback is
          they do not come out of the ground as fast as FRNs fly off the printing
          presses, but relatively, I have a life-time supply.

          I create my own jobs. I traded fossils for books, and now I have copies
          of Larken Rose's book, "Kicking the Dragon" for trade with those who
          have enough fossils (for use as gifts). I'm also helping to liquidate
          three different gemstone inventories, at 15% commission. You name it, I
          can get it better than anyone you know, odds are.

          Speaking of real estate, I'm looking for deals where the owner wants to
          walk away, and would rather do it with gems in his pocket than nothing.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
            > You do not reside, you are domiciled at "address wherever
            > you live."

            I was once accosted outside a courthouse by a cop who was sent by
            reporters to get my name. I refused to cooperate and said that I knew
            he was their errand boy. Then he asked where I lived, so I replied,
            "where are we now? Do I look, or worse yet, smell dead?"

            "I guess I live wherever I am until I'm dead."
          • dwissel
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 13, 2008
              In a free society you are only "domiciled" to the extent YOU claim you are. Allow no one to make a PRESUMPTION that binds you to their law.

              > You do not reside, you are domiciled at "address wherever
              > you live."

              I was once accosted outside a courthouse by a cop who was sent by
              reporters to get my name. I refused to cooperate and said that I knew
              he was their errand boy. Then he asked where I lived, so I replied,
              "where are we now? Do I look, or worse yet, smell dead?"

              "I guess I live wherever I am until I'm dead."

              Checked by AVG.
            • John H.
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008
                The IRS just placed a "general" lien on my property. Section 6223 indicates that the lien, in order to be valid, must state "the property and its location." The lien that was filed on my property is not specific to property or location. It states: "there is a lien in favor of the United States on all property and rights to property belonging to....."

                Has anyone ever used this lack of specificity effectively as an argument to relive a lien?

                                             Thanks,  John
                _,___
              • mn_chicago
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008
                  --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "John H." <otoman@...> wrote:

                  > The IRS just placed a "general" lien on my property. Section 6223
                  indicates that the lien, in order to be valid, must state "the
                  property and its location." The lien that was filed on my property is
                  not specific to property or location. It states: "there is a lien in
                  favor of the United States on all property and rights to property
                  belonging to....."

                  > Has anyone ever used this lack of specificity effectively as an
                  argument to relive a lien?

                  Have you demanded of the Clerk where the lien
                  has been filed to see a copy of the lien front
                  and back to ensure that the lien has been
                  lawfully levied?
                • Jake
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008
                    > Here's my challenge, As a Realtor, my business has ground to a halt and I need to find employment without jumping back into the system. I'm open to all suggestions.

                    1st, a mindset change - "employment" means "system" - working under the authority & control of someone else, who undoubtdedly is in the system & will require things such as a W-4 to put you in it too.

                    2nd, what do you know how to do?  Do you have a skill or trade you can earn a living with as an independent contractor?  Do you have or could you establish an unincorporated business trust, an S corp. if there's substantial $$$ involved, etc. to work thru?  So the entity gets paid instead of you?

                    3rd, are you using a home address for mail?  You said you've got out of the system in '91 but you still get nastygrams - why is that?  I've been out of the system about that long, I haven't received anything from any Gov't. agency since about '93 & have used a P.O. Box for longer than that.

                    Going out on your own requires a lot of planning & preparation & there's way too much to cover in an e-mail, but it certainly can be done.  If you're stuck in a situation that you have to work as an employee for whatever reason, there will be forms generated & that's what "the system" goes by.  I've said this before 100 times - like the computer saying, "garbage in, garbage out", there's "nothing in, nothing out", but as long as there are W-2's, 1099's, etc. being generated with a SSN tied to you on them, you will get "nastygrams" & the Gov't. can follow you around like Hansel & Gretle.

                    Same is true if you insist on using credit cards, debit cards, ATM cards, etc.  I have this funny little rule - if I can't afford it with the cash in my pocket I don't buy it.  Never had a mortgage or a major credit card in my life & wouldn't get either with a gun to my head.  If you can do without all that garbage & have a skill or trade that there's a demand for, you're in good shape.

                    ~ ~ ~