Re: [tips_and_tricks] Civil Cases

  • gary
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
      Support cases really suck, it's a civil case so you are not entitled to an
      attorney BUT if you don't pay whatever the court says you have to pay, or do
      whatever they say you have to do, they put you in jail.

      Also, it wasn't stated whether the "other side" was the state or the other
      parent. If it was the other parent, it seems unfair that the state would
      pay for their lawyer. The wording of the statement leads me to believe the
      "other side" was the other parent as everyone expects the state to have
      their own lawyer.

      Gary