Re: [tips_and_tricks] Employer's duty to inform employee re 668 levy

  • pldionne@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 68 , Sep 26, 2008
      Check your state's consumer protection laws as they spell out the required actions a collection agency must take prior to serving your employer a Notice of Levy. Also, were you ever contacted by the collection agency the served the notice?

      I would go after the collection agency first, and give your employer a notice that the agency did not follow the requirement of the law, if it applies, and inform them that it is therefore illegal for them to withhold your pay.
    • tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
      Message 68 of 68 , Feb 9 10:39 PM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the tips_and_tricks
        group.

        File : /Law_Contracts_and_Consent.doc.zip
        Uploaded by : soc_anon_01 <soc_anon_01@...>
        Description : I pray this reaches those who understand we live under a Constitutionally guaranteed and court enforced CONTRACT LAW OF THE LAND.

        This work was originally produced by a group which I was a contributer to.

        You can access this file at the URL:

        soc_anon_01 <soc_anon_01@...>