Employer's duty to inform employee re 668 levy

  • Fred Marshall
    Message 1 of 64 , Sep 22, 2008
      What, if any, duty does an employer have to inform an employee that a
      Notice of Levy has been received by the payroll department (or any
      department, for that matter)? Does an employee who was not informed
      have any recourse against the employer if the latter does not inform him?

      I've searched the company's policies & procedures manual, the employee
      handbook, but find no mention of this situation anywhere; nor have my
      searches on the internet been fruitful. If someone knows of state- or
      federal law (or IRM section(s)) that compels (or requires) the employer
      to provide this notification to the employee, or at least point me in
      the right direction, I'd be grateful.

      At the very least, it's unethical not to give such notification, in my
      opinion.

      Thanks!

      Fred
    • tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
      Message 64 of 64 , Jul 2 4:23 PM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the tips_and_tricks
        group.

        File : /Bob The Handyman/USE FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES WITH THE PROPER INTENT.docx
        Uploaded by : hoboter <hobot@...>
        Description :

        You can access this file at the URL:

        hoboter <hobot@...>