RE: [tips_and_tricks] Don't Share That Law! It's Copyrighted

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 12:52 PM
      Randy Conn wrote:

      > Subject: [tips_and_tricks] Don't Share That Law! It's Copyrighted
      >
      > "California claims copyright to its laws, and warns people not to
      > share them.

      That's why they run this website:

      http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

      Can you say, "Catch-22"?

      > And that's not sitting right with Internet gadfly, and
      > open-access hero, Carl Malamud. He has spent the last couple months
      > scanning tens of thousands of pages containing city, county and state
      > laws - think building codes, banking laws, etc. Malamud wants
      > California to sue him, which is almost a given if the state wants to
      > continue claiming copyright.

      See, he never read Article XX, section 3, of his own state constitution,
      and the Business and Professions Code that regulates attorneys, and so
      he is capable of entertaining the belief that mere neighbors can
      exercise judicial powers without having taken the one required oath of
      office, and that other so-called attorneys can represent anyone when out
      of compliance with B&P 6067. Both laws are available thanks to the
      state sharing with you what some fools who collect paychecks from it may
      sue over for being shared on its own website above.

      > He thinks a federal court will rule in
      > his favor: It is illegal to copyright the law since people are
      > required to know it.

      I will wager that the man is so much in a hurry to win, he will permit
      unsworn paycheck endorsers to act as judges and attorneys totally
      unchallenged for their bona fides and required official filings. That's
      what most people do!

      > Malamud helped force the SEC to put corporate
      > filings online in 1994, and did the same with the patent office. He
      > got the Smithsonian to loosen its claim of copyright, CSPAN to stop
      > forbidding people from sharing its videos, and most recently Oregon to
      > quit claiming copyright on state laws." Malamud's talk at Google ("All
      > the Government's Information") is also well worth watching.

      You can make major mistakes and still win. I know that I myself have
      won cases not so much because I was right, but because my opponents were
      inept.

    • gimesumodat
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4 1:52 PM
        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Frog Farmer" <frogfrmr@...>
        wrote:

        > I will wager that the man is so much in a hurry to win, he will permit
        > unsworn paycheck endorsers to act as judges and attorneys totally
        > unchallenged for their bona fides and required official filings. That's
        > what most people do!

        You know.....I've had this notion from reading cases that nobody seems
        to care if the Judge is really a judge or the attorney signing the
        document is really an attorney and in good standing. Seems to me that
        proof of these things should be a part of every record made.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4 11:58 PM
          Gimesumodat wrote:

          > You know.....I've had this notion from reading cases that nobody seems
          > to care if the Judge is really a judge or the attorney signing the
          > document is really an attorney and in good standing. Seems to me that
          > proof of these things should be a part of every record made.

          It is assumed and presumed to be in order, and in the record (that's
          what the record is for!) because those two people make their daily
          living by working with each other and as the line of "defendants" passes
          by they see only more $$$ signs and no reason to slow the flow. The
          individuals who SHOULD care more are these "revenue sources" a.k.a.
          "defendants". Many are not even made into "real" defendants, but when
          you tell them that they are one, they believe it! Then they act in
          accordance with that false conclusion of law, to their own detriment,
          like WWII Jews being assigned to a color-coded railcar, and getting into
          the line that matches the color they were told, like obedient complying
          no-waves-making consenters to tyranny. Few probably are aware of the
          legend on New Hampshire license plates ("Live Free or Die"). Soon
          Americans will be told which line to get in. Most will do it. But more
          than expected will not!