Re: Rule 56 Motion

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2008
      Tuesday 12 August 2008

      I am not familiar with rule 56, but in Illinois,
      a response to summary judgment has to be
      accompanied by an affidavit or the response has
      no validity.

      Read rule 56 to see wht is required by both
      parties, especially you, and construct your
      response accordingly.

      Sending in notes as payment has to be taken as
      acknowledgment that you or your friend accept the
      debt as valid. That precludes a whole lot of
      denial arguments.