Invisible Snares in Government

  • legalbear7
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2008

      Part of what I speak out loud out of Bear's Prayers is Proverbs 1:

      "10 If Torah violators entice me, I do not consent. 11 If they say, Come with us;[1] let us lie in wait to shed blood, let us ambush the innocent without cause and show that his piety is in vain[2]; 12 Let us swallow them up alive as does Sheol, the place of the dead, and whole, as those who go down into the pit of the dead; 13 We shall find and take all kinds of precious goods when our victims are put out of the way, we shall fill our houses with plunder;  14 Throw in your lot with us they insist and be a sworn brother and comrade;[3] let us all have one purse in common—15 I do not walk in the way with them; I restrain my foot from their path; 16 For their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed blood.[4] 17 For in vain is the net spread[5] in the sight of any bird![6] 18 But when these men set a trap for others[7] they are lying in wait for their own blood; they set an ambush for their own lives.  19 So are the ways of everyone who is greedy of gain; such greed for plunder takes away the lives of its possessors.[8]"

      On another group I belong to, someone posted an Al Adask article entitled Invisible Snares. The title reminded of verse 17 of Proverbs 1, "For in vain is the net spread in the sight of any bird!" I read the article and really liked it and learned something. So, I have posted a copy to the Tips & Tricks files section and sent a notice to the group. I have always thought that Proverbs 1 was a veiled reference to government; especially since they want you to join them and become a "a sworn brother and comrade". I hope this article opens your eyes to the net that they have spread when we weren't looking and hope that you take comfort that if the Proverbs 1 passage is a veiled reference to government, "…when these men set a trap for others[9] they are lying in wait for their own blood; they set an ambush for their own lives." Bear

      [1] See Exodus 23:2, "You shall not follow a crowd to do evil…"

      [2] This sounds like what Babylonian governments do.

      [3] This all sounds so much like government! You swear an oath to get in.

      [4] Like when cops shoot someone repeatedly because he won't put down his pop can. They shoot the ones that don't go along with them.

      [5] The supplanters lay snares to trap the righteous.

      [6] The Levites spotted Egyptian bondage and refused to participate.

      [7] A contract possibly? Sign this!

      [8] Egyptians pursued to plunder, both slaves and wealth that the Yisra'elites had with them and perished in the Red Sea . What good is it to gain the whole world and lose your own soul?

      [9] A contract possibly? Sign this!

    • legalbear7
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008

        Disclaimer:

        I primarily posted Al Adask's article "Invisible Snares" to the files section of this group for pages 1-12 as numbered in the .pdf file. I just got around to reading past page 12 and discovered that he started mixing in a lot of idol words beyond that. Bear