Re: Infractions vs. misdemeanors in California

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Frog Farmer" <frogfrmr@...>
      wrote:

      > > There is a statute that says once a verified complaint
      > > is demanded, by objection and before proceeding to
      > > trial, it must be provided.
      >
      > Help them out by providing it, when you next see them trying to
      > snooker you like you were an ordinary fool.

      For anyone going up against the system, never go unprepared.
      I did identify the statute that says once a verified complaint
      is demanded, by objection and before proceeding to trial, [note
      that there is a procedure to follow, and know what that
      procedure is before a right gets waived], but like everything
      else I said, the judge ignored it and kept aggressively going
      after me, probably thinking I would be cowered into submission,
      which is why it is so important to be prepared.

      Was I nervous? Absolutely, but I never waivered from my
      objective. I reluctantly gave the statute, mentioned above,
      on the 4th or 5th objection because I was unsure if citing it
      would put me automatically into jurisdiction and a trial would
      then be underway, but I wanted a record established for any
      appeal. There was a court recorder present.

      Stand up and be counted!

      mn