Re: [tips_and_tricks] USA passport without a SSN vs. No passport at all.

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2008
      Has anyone heard of traveling internationally without a passport? I have an opportunity to go participate in a major archeological expedition overseas. I have not used a SSN in over 10 years, nor have I used a DL in the past 4 years. I effectively have no government issued ID. I'm not sure that I want any either.

      I have heard stories of people traveling using letters of request from the receiving state or from a citizen of the receiving state requesting you to make a visitation and then getting a preauthorization to return by the State Department as long as there was a tentative schedule as part of the evidence package.

      My opportunity to leave may occur in as little as 2 months from now.