USA passport without a SSN

  • HALIFAXUSA@YAHOO.COM
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2008
      Hello Group,

      Q#1 - Has anyone been successful in getting a USA passport without a SSN or
      a state issued birth certificate? One or both of these?

      Q#2 - Has anyone been successful in getting a USA passport for nationals
      which the cover is red, if I am not mistaken?

      Moderator/Bear: There are 161 prior messages in the archives of this group dealing with "passport" at the above link. Review them first and then ask these questions.

      If so, how did you do it? Please contact me off post to
      halifaxusa@...

      Moderator/Bear: You should allow us all to see how it was done by posting your response to the group.

      Thanks,

      Gary Leon
    • gary
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
        I got mine without an SSN but this was pre-9/11 so don't know how it would
        go now although I don't think they changed the regulation, it just said if
        you don't give them one the IRS MAY issue a $500 penalty but have never
        heard of anyone being assesed the $500.

        Only curious thing was both my app and my wife's went in together and her
        passport was issued from a different passport center and the typeface is
        slightly different, couldn't find any other differences.

        Also, we put the apps in through the City Clerk and I don't remember them
        even looking at the apps.

        Hello Group,

        Q#1 - Has anyone been successful in getting a USA passport without a SSN or
        a state issued birth certificate? One or both of these?
      • Dom
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
          Yes, i got mine last year.

          I was told by a good patriot to use 000-00-0000 for the number and
          add "Religious Objection" and it worked.

          But that is a false # so it may not be a good idea (an after-thought,
          as I did like that ).
          So my my recommendation is to ONLY put "Religious Objection" in the box.

          Dom

          At 07:20 AM 3/22/2008, you wrote:

          >I got mine without an SSN but this was pre-9/11 so don't know how it would
          >go now although I don't think they changed the regulation, it just said if
          >you don't give them one the IRS MAY issue a $500 penalty but have never
          >heard of anyone being assesed the $500.
          >
          >Only curious thing was both my app and my wife's went in together and her
          >passport was issued from a different passport center and the typeface is
          >slightly different, couldn't find any other differences.
          >
          >Also, we put the apps in through the City Clerk and I don't remember them
          >even looking at the apps.
          >
          >Hello Group,
          >
          >Q#1 - Has anyone been successful in getting a USA passport without a SSN or
          >a state issued birth certificate? One or both of these?
        • Richard Pacheco
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
            You can also simply write Privacy Act in the space for SS# since
            according to the Privacy Act government has to inform you if the request
            for SS # is voluntary or mandatory by law. A friend of mine used this
            and it worked fine.

            Richard

            Yes, i got mine last year.

            I was told by a good patriot to use 000-00-0000 for the number and
            add "Religious Objection" and it worked.
          • Tim Wallace
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
              I used 000-00-0000 on a renewal last year without a problem.

              Tim

            • ronsoldcars@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 22, 2008
                 I received a new passport last year without an SSN.  I also declared myself am American Nnational instead of a US citizen.  On the app were it said to put SSN, I put See Privacy Act.  Mine came out of Miami and my wife who was just getting a renewal, hers came out of New Hampshire.  I sent in for mine the day after she sent in hers and I got mine back several days before hers came in.

                Ron

                Hello Group,

                Q#1 - Has anyone been successful in getting a USA passport without a SSN or
                a state issued birth certificate? One or both of these?

              • Steve Coerper
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 23, 2008
                  I doubt that it matters. This is the surveillance society, and as long as they have your name and date of birth, they can tri-angulate with any of a myriad of data bases out there and get your SSN.

                  Yes, I'm disgusted, but Psalm 37 helps.

                  Very best,

                  Steve