Re: Oath and Bond of public officials

  • jjmozingo2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9 3:05 PM
      Thanks for the help guys.

      I finally had some time to do a little more digging. I found out why
      the Administrator couldn't give me a copy of the surety bond from the
      Secretary of State's office, because the bond is at the Court of
      Appeals. However, she is still apparently ignorant to the
      "requirement" of the bond. Maybe I should send her an email and
      enlighten her.

      § 4-102. Surety bond.

      (a) Required.- While in office, the Comptroller shall be covered by a
      surety bond as required in this section.

      (b) Form and conditions.- The surety bond of the Comptroller shall:

      (1) run to the State;

      (2) be in the amount of $200,000;

      (3) be with surety that the Governor approves; and

      (4) be conditioned on the Comptroller:

      (i) accounting for the funds that are received under color of office; and

      (ii) otherwise discharging faithfully each duty of office.

      (c) Filing.- After execution and approval of a surety bond under this
      section, the surety bond shall be recorded in the office of the Clerk
      of the Court of Appeals.

      [An. Code 1957, art. 19, § 2; 1984, ch. 284, § 1.]

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "bobert111@..."

      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iiew7HswDjFyojrrf9Nd8g7ppm71ZqeiLjx236aAUxEIYUjlZ/