Re: [tips_and_tricks] Oath and Bond of public officials

  • bobert111@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
      Look in the Maryland Government Code also. Just a thought, Robert
      Click to get free info on remodeling your kitchen.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iiew7HswDjFyojrrf9Nd8g7ppm71ZqeiLjx236aAUxEIYUjlZ/
    • jjmozingo2002
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2008
        Thanks for the help guys.

        I finally had some time to do a little more digging. I found out why
        the Administrator couldn't give me a copy of the surety bond from the
        Secretary of State's office, because the bond is at the Court of
        Appeals. However, she is still apparently ignorant to the
        "requirement" of the bond. Maybe I should send her an email and
        enlighten her.

        § 4-102. Surety bond.

        (a) Required.- While in office, the Comptroller shall be covered by a
        surety bond as required in this section.

        (b) Form and conditions.- The surety bond of the Comptroller shall:

        (1) run to the State;

        (2) be in the amount of $200,000;

        (3) be with surety that the Governor approves; and

        (4) be conditioned on the Comptroller:

        (i) accounting for the funds that are received under color of office; and

        (ii) otherwise discharging faithfully each duty of office.

        (c) Filing.- After execution and approval of a surety bond under this
        section, the surety bond shall be recorded in the office of the Clerk
        of the Court of Appeals.

        [An. Code 1957, art. 19, § 2; 1984, ch. 284, § 1.]

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "bobert111@..."