Emergency protection / Child custody

  • Diancecht
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6 4:36 AM
      Most of my research in this case was looking through court documents, not case law.

      Cast of Characters:
      DCFS-Department of Child and Family Services
      Mother
      Child
      Boyfriend

      The Mother has already been found guilty of medical neglect. Child
      has had surgery as a result of the medical neglect.

      The live in boyfriend as a result of two separate prior involvements
      with DCFS does not have custody of either child and in fact an order
      of protection from the current guardian & DCFS exist to keep him from
      seeing his daughter due to inappropriate (physical) conduct.

      On Friday I have been informed that there will be a hearing, any as to where I might find the case law in this incident?

      Key words, tips etc. as to where to find the case law in this incident? Key words etc?

      Also I cannot afford to pay, but if services could be traded i would be willing to do so if legal and possible.

      I do have access to Lexis Nexis but the problem is that I get almost too many results none so far that seem to be relevant.

      Illinois
      Pro Se
      Endangerment
      Neglect Established