Re: One Judge (Illinois) On Requiring (Not) Attorney License

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
      Wednesday 13 February 2006

      There is no way a judge is going to let anyone
      challenge the attorney license issue here in
      Illinois.

      Despite what I thought was a lean, well-written,
      factual pleading, incorporating existing case
      law decisions and language, my efforts were
      denied for a fourth time, today.

      I was prepared to say to this group that perhaps
      I was not forceful enough in defending my
      position to the judge, but I said all I had
      prepared in what I figured was a strong argument,
      backed by law, but no. Denied for the last time,
      and subject to sanctions should I bring the
      issue up again.

      That was not really a threat to me, just the
      judge telling me I tried, and it ain't going
      to fly. I can deal with it in appeals, but not
      in court again. Even I agree, having just spent
      my best shot.

      Her position was that while it is the law that
      an attorney must be licensed, there is no law
      that requires them to show a license in a case,
      and certainly not in a foreclosure case.

      I argued that I am entitled to know that those
      who claim to be who they are must prove it, or
      the court is not properly set. I objected to
      her ruling, based on bias and prejudice, but to
      no avail.

      One thing for sure, Illinois ain't California.

      Cheers!

      mn

      As an aside, I took another look at two judge's
      oath of office I have on file, and they are word
      for word as required per the Illinois constitution.