Re: traffic

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "mn_chicago"
      <mn_chicago@...> wrote:

      > A "peace officer" who has completed the requisite courses is not a
      > police officer, as we commonly understand the term and see on the
      > streets and in squad cars.

      This comes from my memory in reading statutes where there was
      a separate section for "peace officers" completing some courses.
      I have not done any research to know what distinction there is
      between a peace officer and a police officer, for point of
      clarification.

      > Wasn't there a post about the fact that a police officer cannot
      > issue a summons as not being the plaintiff? I used that as a
      > one-liner in my current appeal of a fourth moving violations, the
      > first three of which were dismissed.

      Again, for clarification, I said I used this as a one-liner in my
      current appeal of a fourth moving violation. As an aside, I finished
      and submitted my brief aimed at embarassing the judge for "plain
      error" arising from his unjudicial comments made in open court about
      me. I do not yet have the results of my appeal.

      The three tickets already dismissed were from another court and
      another judge who dismissed them rather than deal with my certified
      oath of office on the cop, and my subpoena decus tecum against the
      prosecutor to produce his license to practice law.

      This was in preparation for my "jury trial" the judge imposed upon
      me. At the "trial," the usually chatty prosecutor stood mute when
      I came to the bench, and the judge, who thought she was going to
      teach me a lesson, wouldn't even look at me when she said, "Oh, this
      case was dismissed."

      Cowards!

      Cheers,

      mn