RE: [tips_and_tricks] Court watcher claimed as Plaintiff Witness

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2008
      Greg Knapp wrote:

      > A friend of mine accompanied a man to court who was fighting a
      > foreclosure. When the attorney for the mortgage co. saw that my
      > friend, who is somewhat legally trained, was helpfully advising the
      > one who was being foreclosed upon, claimed my friend as witness for
      > the mortgage co., and had him ejected from the court. Any comments?

      Pretty cool trick. Did your friend ask the attorney to accurately
      identify him or did he accept the appointment without objection?
      Usually, I like a minimum of three witnesses/court watchers so that a
      common law affidavit could be produced with the required three
      witnesses' signatures. More is better.