Re: [tips_and_tricks] Organization of the Dept. of the Treasury

  • mobinem@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2007
      In a message dated 12/30/2007 10:07:55 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim, otoman@... writes:
      It is interesting to note that the Internal Revenue and the Internal Revenue Service both claim that they are bureaus in the Dept. Of The Treasury. U.S. Code 31.1.1.1 lists all the bureaus and organizations within the U.S. Dept. Of The Treasury. Neither the IR or the IRS are listed! Take A Look!
      The IRS claims it is part of the Dept. Of The Treasury, it does not claim it is part of the U.S. Dept. Of The Treasury. It really pisses them off when you bring this up. I have repeatedly asked what Treasury are they a department of. They do not respond.

      If you look at their letterhead they say:
      IRS Department of the Treasury
              Internal Revenue Service

      Yet the DOJ says:
      DOJ U.S. Department of the Treasury