Re: Superiority Constitution or treaty.

  • vivus_spartacus
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
      Simple Process of Logic:

      Since the Constitution was "Ordained" / Chartered by "WE THE PEOPLE"
      from which All Government Powers are Derived, including the Power by
      which the Executive and with two thirds of the Senators present
      concur, to make treaties, The Constitution is primary i.e. holds
      precedence / superiority.

      Since a Treaty is essentially "law" and Any Law which is repugnant
      to the Constitution is Null and Void at its inception, Article VI
      paragraph 2 was the "expressed" safegaurd that all subsequent Laws
      and / or treaties must be made in Pursuance thereof lest either the
      Legislature, or the Executive with the Senate attempt to circumvent
      the Constitution by federal law and / or treaty.

      Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your
      getting, Get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

      "vivus spartacus"
      All Rights Reserved (In the 9th Amendment)

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mpl632@...> wrote:

      > I would like all legal minds on this board to answer the question.
      > Which is superior, Our Constitution or a treaty that we signed?
      > Please remember Article 6 of the Constitution.
      >
      > I know that it states,"This Constitution, and the Laws of the
      United
      > States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties
      made,
    • vivus_spartacus
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
        Simple Process of Logic:

        Since the Constitution was "Ordained" / Chartered by "WE THE PEOPLE"
        from which All Government Powers are Derived, including the Power by
        which the Executive and with two thirds of the Senators present
        concur, to make treaties, The Constitution is primary i.e. holds
        precedence / superiority.

        Since a Treaty is essentially "law" and Any Law which is repugnant
        to the Constitution is Null and Void at its inception, Article VI
        paragraph 2 was the "expressed" safegaurd that all subsequent Laws
        and / or treaties must be made in Pursuance thereof lest either the
        Legislature, or the Executive with the Senate attempt to circumvent
        the Constitution by federal law and / or treaty.

        Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your
        getting, Get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

        "vivus spartacus"
        All Rights Reserved (In the 9th Amendment)

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mpl632@...> wrote:

        > I would like all legal minds on this board to answer the question.
        > Which is superior, Our Constitution or a treaty that we signed?
        > Please remember Article 6 of the Constitution.
        >
        > I know that it states,"This Constitution, and the Laws of the
        United
        > States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties
        made,
        > or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States,
        shall
        > be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State
        shall be
        > bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or Laws of any state to
        > the Contrary notwithstanding."
        >
        > I feel that the Constitution has to be the Superior.
        >
        > Mike
        >
        > Moderator/Bear: I have researched this issue in the past. The
        Supreme Court has held that treaties must be in conformity with the
        Constitution. The only authority the makers of treaties have comes
        from the Constitution.