Re: [tips_and_tricks] photo radar

  • mobinem@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 3, 2007
      In a message dated 11/3/2007 8:40:41 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, inpursuitoftruth@... writes:
      If the contention that "charge" when used in a civil sense means a demand for payment, then as I have considered the issue, the ticket itself must represent a Bill of Exchange.

      Charge is synonymous with bill, not bill of exchange. They are very different concepts:

      bill

      Middle English, from Anglo-French & Medieval Latin; Anglo-French bille, from Medieval Latin billa, perhaps alteration of bulla, papal seal

      Date: 14th century

      1: an itemized list or a statement of particulars (as a list of materials or of members of a ship's crew)

      2: a written document or note

      3 obsolete : a formal petition

      4 a: an itemized account of the separate cost of goods sold, services performed, or work done :    invoice b: an amount expended or owed c: a statement of charges for food or drink : check

      8 a: a piece of paper money b: an individual or commercial note <bills receivable> cslang : one hundred dollars

      transitive verb

      Date: 14th century

      1 a: to enter in an accounting system : prepare a bill of (charges) b: to submit a bill of charges to c: to enter (as freight) in a waybill d: to issue a bill of lading to or for2: to announce (as a performance) especially by posters or placards

      bill of exchange

      Date: 1534

      : an unconditional written order from one person to another to pay a specified sum of money to a designated person

      The issue here is they are billing you (written as charge) for the privilege of speeding.

      Whoever has the original copy is to present it when demand for payment is made. In the several states where I have been issued these Bills of Exchange, I have always received a copy, and when I go to check the court records prior to my limited appearance, there is another copy in the court records (often times the only thing in the court records).
      The ticket will state that you are receiving a copy of the receipt, it is important to understand what a receipt is.

      Does anyone really know where the original goes?
      The ticketor (contract offeror) keeps the original and the ticketee (contract acceptor) gets a copy of the contract he accepts. Read U.C.C. 3-501, 3-503, 3-603 to understand why the acceptor must return the contract within 72 hours and claim it was offered under fraudulent terms and vi et armis (force of arms).
      This also brings up questions about having an original contract on file for the court case to proceed if this is going to be a civil rather than criminal trial.
      Judges reserve the right to accept copies if the copy is deemed a valid, see Federal Rules of evidence 902.

      Am I missing something here?
      Yes, the difference between bill and bill of exchange, the definition of receipt, and court requirements for valid documentation.

      John-Chester: Stuart: sovereign without subjects

      623-206-4339
      mobinem@...
      c/o postal service location
      21001 N. Tatum Blvd. Suite 1630472