Selling for Silver Dollars, paying sales tax in FRNs

  • Jerry Fleischner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2007
      When I was in retail sales a few years ago, I asked an attorney at the
      California State Board of Equalization (the agency responsible for collecting
      sales taxes): if I sold items in exchange for Silver Dollars, could I collect
      and pay sales tax in Federal Reserve Notes?

      His answer: you can collect and pay sales tax in anything that's legal tender.

      Jerry Fleischner