Re: [tips_and_tricks] Subpoenaed

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 22, 2007

      TEXAS PENAL CODE § 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT.  (a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:
      (1)  cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;
      (2)
      place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;
         (3)  prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, place of employment or occupation, aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance, or other public place;
      (4)  cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;
      (5)
      place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury;  or
      (6)  influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.
      (b)  An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a Class B misdemeanor.
         (c)  An offense under Subsection (a)(2) is a Class B misdemeanor, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the offense:
      (1)
      is committed against a member of the person's family or household or otherwise constitutes family violence;
        or
      (2)  is committed against a public servant.
         (d)  An offense under Subsection (a)(3) is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the actor causes pecuniary loss of $1,500 or more to the owner of the building, room, place, or conveyance, in which event the offense is a state jail felony.
          (e)  An offense under Subsection (a)(4), (a)(5), or (a)(6) is a felony of the third degree.
          (f)  In this section:
          (1)  "Family" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.003, Family Code.
            (2)  "Family violence" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.004, Family Code.           (3)  "Household" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.005, Family Code.
         (g)  For purposes of Subsection (d), the amount of pecuniary loss is the amount of economic loss suffered by the owner of the building, room, place, or conveyance as a result of the prevention or interruption of the occupation or use of the building, room, place, or conveyance.

      Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.  Amended by Acts 1979, 66th Leg., p. 1114, ch. 530, § 2, eff. Aug. 27, 1979;  Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994;  Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 139, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003;  Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 388, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 2003;  Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 446, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003;  Acts 2005, 79th Leg., ch. 728, § 16.003, eff. Sept. 1, 2005.

      I wouldn't say he terrorized my daughter, he just
      scared her and my mother-in-law by not stating the
      reason he was looking for me and that reason was to
      server the papers so I could give testimony for the
      prosecution to help them get an indictment.

      But that is why I got upset in the way she was talking
      to me considering I'm supposed to be benefitting them.

      Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
      -or-
      Wise men are instructed by reason;

      Men of less understanding, by experience;

      The most ignorant, by necessity;
      The beasts by nature.
      Letters to Atticus[?], Marcus Tullius Cicero

      See what's new at http://www.aol.com