Re: [tips_and_tricks] Passport hang up]

  • ronsoldcars@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
      Just for Information purposes: I received a first time passport earlier this year with no SS# and as a non citizen American National. The only thing I remember giving was a copy of a birth certificate with upper and lower case name and I can not remember if I had to furnish a photo ID or not because, at the time, my drivers license did not have a photo on it. I had gotten a drivers license without a photo 10 years when I found a statue stating the "Taking of photo is against the tennents and beliefs of the religious sect of which the applicant is a participatin member" but had to have the license renewed this year (after I had gotten the passport). Because of new state provisions that repealed the statute (because of the patriot act), I had to have a photo for the new drivers license. On the passport application form where you were supposed to put the SS#, I put SEE PRIVACY ACT. I mailed my application a day or two after my wife mailed her renewal. I received my NEW passport
      about a week befor she received her renewal. I do not know what the signifiance was, but my passport was issued out of Miami and hers was issued out of New Hampshire.

      ronsoldcars

      From: hobot <hobot@...>