CAN THE IRS LEVY CREDIT CARDS?? ... NEED SOME HELP.

  • worf9x
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hello Everyone.

      What follows is a slightly abridged (to protect the privacy of the writer) version of an
      inquiry made on a lively private mailing list that concerns itself with matters relative
      to Common & Constitutional Law & navigating the "court system"; I share it here for
      all to gain value from any dialog that ensues and to hopefully give the author some
      useful tips thereby, as well.

      For those of suspicious mind: no; the "author" is NOT me & I have nothing to gain
      but knowledge from the exchange.

      Thank you for your thoughtful consideration. :>

      "Worf"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Dear ... ,

      Have you ever heard of a Notice of Levy on Credit Card Cash out??

      My husband received a Notice of Levy from a Card Holder NAME which we have a credit
      Line and zero balance.....But they are only CC Holders, NOT savings and checking
      banking...

      We called the supervisor, they claim that our balance is still at zero.....and the same
      credit line still exists..(on our Card Holder accounts)

      The statement from IRS after stating all about the Notice to Levy, they added a
      sentence, AND ANYONE else we send a levy to, must turn over your money, that they
      have........as they would have paid you.

      We contacted the Card Holder supervisor, they said the city Chatsworth, CA is
      a Banking with savings and checking and NOT Card Holder.......(we are not with
      them in anyway........(ONLY Card Holder Company.) (but this is where the Notice
      of Levy, was sent) very confusing!!!!!

      The IRS dated their letter 7/20/07 and we received it on 7/30/07.....AND THEY gave
      us (21) days... and supposedly the Notice of Levy has frozen our money..
      (wherever it is???) SO I really don't have a lot of time to answer..

      The question is...........How to answer??

      I'm really upset, thinking THEY will cash out our Cards.....Have you ever know that to
      happen??

      Thanks, A reply will be welcomed!!!!!
    • mobinem@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        I have it on good authority ( an accountant/tax litigation attorney), and several years experience proves it true, that the IRS will not attach borrow-able money until it is borrowed, meaning any "lines of credit." I have personally existed off of lines of credit, on a home, by paying all of my bills from that account and depositing all of my incoming checks into that account. This and my credit card accounts were the only accounts the IRS did not come after, and they came after me hard. They attacked my work, my investments, my property, my family and every one they knew of that knew me personally.
        Thusly I believe they will not attach money not yet borrowed. I also believe if they had any way legal or not to attached money that might be borrowed they would have done so already.
        This is just an opinion based on experience since I have not found any section that confirms or denies this.

        John-Chester: Stuart: sovereign without subjects

        623-206-4339
        mobinem@...
        c/o postal service location
        21001 N. Tatum Blvd. Suite 1630472