RE: [tips_and_tricks] Overdue Taxes or Tax Returns

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      If it were me, I'd go celebrate that they had the right number and the
      wrong name and address! It's the number that counts, I'd say! I wonder
      whose number that is...

      > I just received a Form 2050 letter regarding Overdue Taxes. While I
      > was
      > reading over it I found out it had the wrong Taxpayer Identifying
      > Number. Can someone tell me where I go for here.
      > Thanks
    • dstein4
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2008
        I just received one of these today from the Automated Collection
        System. The cover page is asking for phone numbers and at the top
        right of each page is a taxpayer ID that does not look familiar at
        all. The second page which shows it is a Letter 2050 (Rev 01-2004)(LT-
        16), on the lower left corner has a barcode with my assigned SSN with a
        103 at the end and speaks to the overdue taxes. The third page speaks
        to Penalty and Interest. I attempted communication with the IRS a long
        time ago asking them to "show me the law", and I never did receive a
        reply. I stopped filing a tax return around 1998, but still pay
        through my job. On my W-4 I have always signed it with reservation of
        all right (if that really does anything). In short, they are giving me
        10 days to contact them with the threat of seizing wages or property
        and I am looking for some guidance in this matter and am willing to pay
        if needed.

        Thanks in advance.

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Frog Farmer" <frogfrmr@...>