Overdue Taxes or Tax Returns

  • rjb1042
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      I just received a Form 2050 letter regarding Overdue Taxes. While I was
      reading over it I found out it had the wrong Taxpayer Identifying
      Number. Can someone tell me where I go for here.
      Thanks
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
        If it were me, I'd go celebrate that they had the right number and the
        wrong name and address! It's the number that counts, I'd say! I wonder
        whose number that is...

        > I just received a Form 2050 letter regarding Overdue Taxes. While I
        > was
        > reading over it I found out it had the wrong Taxpayer Identifying
        > Number. Can someone tell me where I go for here.
        > Thanks
      • dstein4
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 24, 2008
          I just received one of these today from the Automated Collection
          System. The cover page is asking for phone numbers and at the top
          right of each page is a taxpayer ID that does not look familiar at
          all. The second page which shows it is a Letter 2050 (Rev 01-2004)(LT-
          16), on the lower left corner has a barcode with my assigned SSN with a
          103 at the end and speaks to the overdue taxes. The third page speaks
          to Penalty and Interest. I attempted communication with the IRS a long
          time ago asking them to "show me the law", and I never did receive a
          reply. I stopped filing a tax return around 1998, but still pay
          through my job. On my W-4 I have always signed it with reservation of
          all right (if that really does anything). In short, they are giving me
          10 days to contact them with the threat of seizing wages or property
          and I am looking for some guidance in this matter and am willing to pay
          if needed.

          Thanks in advance.

          --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Frog Farmer" <frogfrmr@...>