Posting of fidelity bonds by Texas state officers

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 10:41 AM
      In searching for the statutory requirement for the posting of fidelity
      bonds along with an oath of office, I came across this:

      H.B. No. 2376
      AN ACT relating to the correction or removal from the statutes of
      obsolete references regarding the surety bonds of state officers and
      employees.

      http://www.legis. state.tx. us/tlodocs/ 78R/billtext/ html/HB02376F. htms

      I did not find a date for this House Bill, but I suspect from the URL,
      it was the 78th Legislature (2003) or whenever they were in session.

      Where is the requirement of posting bonds found for judicial state
      officers as they are not specifically mentioned in this bill?

      Are they now only covered by some insurance product and limited
      liabilty under the Texas Tort Act?