Re: [tips_and_tricks] human

  • BOB GREGORY
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2007
      Here is the 1856 Bouvier Law Dictionary entry:

      MONSTER, physiology, persons. An animal which has a conformation contrary to the order of nature. Dunglison's Human Physiol. vol. 2, p. 422.

      2. A monster, although born of a woman in lawful wedlock, cannot inherit. Those who have however the essential parts of the human form and have merely some defect of coformation, are capable of inheriting, if otherwise qualified. 2 Bl. Com. 246; 1 Beck's Med. Jurisp. 366; Co. Litt. 7, 8; Dig. lib. 1, t. 5, l. 14; 1 Swift's Syst. 331 Fred. Code, Pt. 1, b. 1, t. 4, s. 4.

      3. No living human birth, however much it may differ from human shape, can be lawfully destroyed. Traill. Med. Jur. 47, see Briand, Med. Leg. 1ere part. c. 6, art. 2, 3; 1 Fodere, Med. Leg. 402-405.

      mobinem@... wrote:
      This was sent to me, it is Ballentine's Legal definition of monster. Human beings are not monsters unless they resemble a lower animal. Lawyers might be able to confuse this issue but it seems pretty obvious to me what it means.