human

  • mobinem@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2007
      This was sent to me, it is Ballentine's Legal definition of monster. Human beings are not monsters unless they resemble a lower animal. Lawyers might be able to confuse this issue but it seems pretty obvious to me what it means.

      monster.

      A plant or creature terribly deformed.

      A human-being by birth, but in some form resembling a lower animal

      "A monster...hath no inheritable blood, and cannot be heir to any land, albeit it be brought forth in marriage; but, although it hath deformity in any part of its body, yet if it hath human shape, it may be heir." 2 Bl Comm 246.

      John-Chester: Stuart: sovereign without subjects

      623-206-4339
      mobinem@...
      c/o postal service location
      21001 N. Tatum Blvd. Suite 1630472
      Phoenix, Arizona republic cf 85050 cf

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • BOB GREGORY
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2007
        Here is the 1856 Bouvier Law Dictionary entry:

        MONSTER, physiology, persons. An animal which has a conformation contrary to the order of nature. Dunglison's Human Physiol. vol. 2, p. 422.

        2. A monster, although born of a woman in lawful wedlock, cannot inherit. Those who have however the essential parts of the human form and have merely some defect of coformation, are capable of inheriting, if otherwise qualified. 2 Bl. Com. 246; 1 Beck's Med. Jurisp. 366; Co. Litt. 7, 8; Dig. lib. 1, t. 5, l. 14; 1 Swift's Syst. 331 Fred. Code, Pt. 1, b. 1, t. 4, s. 4.

        3. No living human birth, however much it may differ from human shape, can be lawfully destroyed. Traill. Med. Jur. 47, see Briand, Med. Leg. 1ere part. c. 6, art. 2, 3; 1 Fodere, Med. Leg. 402-405.