Elements of Due Process

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2007
      The attachment is a response to an ex-parte communication I recieved from a local magistrate regarding a traffic citation I was issued several weeks ago [no DL or current registration]. The ticket essentially represents a contract for an appearance, and the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure allows me to make an appearance via the U.S. mail. The judge writes telling me I was supposed to enter a plea. In the letter I inform the judge that to compel a plea at this time would a felony of the 3rd degree in the state of Texas. It is ten pages and deals with everything I understand about how the state acquires jurisdiction to prosecute a criminal accusation.

      If I have missed something good, then let me know.

      shalom,
      email 41

      P.S. While I am not trying the "kitchen sink" approach, the ten pages only deals with the issues raised in the correspondence from the judge.

      See what's free at http://www.aol.com.