Re: [tips_and_tricks] Employer Form

  • Richard Gieser
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
      irs form for deductions? Sounds like the W-4 to me. It's supposed to be voluntary under the law, but few, if any employers will respect such law. Then they send a W-2 to the irs at the beginning of the next year and put your name under the "employee" box, which is in violation of IRC Title 26 section 3401(c). Most of us are not "employees" under the 3401(c) definition in the withholding chapter.

      Richard Gieser

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
    • Roy Dobbs
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
        I believe you may be talking about IRS Form 2678, you should be able to download it off of the IRS forms site.

        JCP <jcpes@...> wrote:
        I have misplaced some dialog concerning a (IRS) Form  in which an "Employer" must have completed in order to do the deductions etc. This form MUST be in place before any of the deduction activity can occur. It was stated that most employers DO NOT have this form completed and submitted.

        There was a numerical attached to this form; i.e. #### (?).

        Does anyone recall this information?

        Thanks.

        JcP

        Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

      • JCP
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
          Thank you.

          I believe these are the items that I was searching for:

          Thank you.