Do you trust 'em?

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2003

              A bulldog of a defense attorney was

      cross-examining a police officer during a recent

      trial... The sequence went something like this:

      Q. Now Officer, did you see my client fleeing the

           scene?

      A.  No, but I subsequently observed a guy

           matching the description of the perp running

           several blocks away.

      Q. Officer, who provided this description?

      A.  Johnson, the officer who responded at the

           scene.

      Q. I see... A fellow officer provided the

           description of this so-called offender. Let me

           ask you, Do you trust your fellow officers?

      A.  Yes sir, with my life.

      Q. With your life? Your LIFE?! Now then officer,

           Do you not have a locker room in the police

           station -- a room where you change your

           clothes in preparation for you daily duties?

      A.  Yes sir, you know very well that we do.

      Q. And do you have a locker in that room?

      A.  Yes sir, I do.

      Q. And do you have a lock on your locker?

      A.  Yes sir.

      Q. Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow

           officers with your life, that you find it necessary

           to lock your locker in a room you share with

           those same officers?

      A.  Actually sir, it's like this... We share the

           building with the court complex, and sometimes

           *lawyers* have been known to walk through

           that very room!

      For mailing use:  Excellence Unlimited, 17795 E. Eldorado Place #201, Aurora, CO  80013 303-481-0379 rm 107 fax 810-958-6113

      www.legal-research-video.com
      www.legalbears.com
      www.freedivorceforms.net
      http://www.stores.ebay.com/legalbearscomputers