illegal police actions

  • chad kline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007

      b) A private attorney general is a
      private party in the United States
      who brings a lawsuit that is considered
      to be in the public interest, thus
      entitled to recover attorney's fees
      if they prevail. The purpose of this
      principle is to provide incentive to
      private citizens to pursue suits that
      may be of benefit to society (42 USC 1988).
      The downside of this is that it is
      merely a civil case, it's tough to
      collect, and it doesn't really stop
      the problem. Also, if you lose, you
      get stuck with court/attorney costs.

      c) If a private attorney general obtains
      an injunction, he does so not for himself
      alone but also as a 'private attorney
      general,' vindicating a policy that
      Congress considered of the highest
      priority. The United States Congress
      has passed laws with "private attorney
      general" provisions that provide for the
      enforcement of laws prohibiting employment
      discrimination, police brutality, and
      water pollution. I wonder if this
      is the best idea - but I don't have
      the experience to know.

      d) Then there is the plain old civil suit:
      violations of fiduciary duty I guess? But
      when I try to get ahold of the duty (policy
      and procedures?) manual from the police, I
      just get obstructed, and get endless
      run-around. I would think I need this
      manual to construct a case? Maybe not,
      I have little experience in this area.
      I guess I could try a FOIA request, but
      I have to know exactly what to request,
      and I don't know exactly what to request.

      --

      2. Some jurisdictions give people a right
      to file a police report, but I cannot find

      --

      3. If you have someone that is constantly
      calling 911 to harass you, is there a

      --

      4. When a law says something,
      regarding the word PLEASURE: