Anyone here adjudicate a birth hospital to deliver original birth documents

  • apokolypsis_m
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      I am curious to know if anyone within the group has adjudicated this is issue? Because I feel I must now.

      Background:

      I personally have spent the past several years 'un-learning' and re-learning and I know a hundred fold more today than I knew five years ago but at my son's birth in the hospital room 5 years ago I executed some papers stating I was the Father---sealed with my signature and "all rights reserved without prejudice"

      For the past 5 years I have refused and have never paid for nor received nor possess  a "colored" certificate of Birth of my Son, from the State. I just had problems of "certificates" colorable title,  license's, etc and so on and so forth.

      I am planning a vacation out of the country this summer and obviously require "travel papers" for my son.

      Fast forward to today:

      I called records department today at that hospital for a copy of the original documentation that I signed the day of my son's birth. Here's how the conversation played out:

      Me: Hello, I am planning a vacation and how do I go about receiving a copy of the original of the document I executed in a birthing room of your hospital for my son.
      Gave them name, date, etc.

      Them: Sir, you have to go to the Registar of Deeds and pay them for a certificate of birth, that is the document.

      Me: Let me see if I understand correctly, you don't have a copy of that document I signed that day in the hospital?

      Them: No Sir, that was not "our", the hospital's document. It was an "
      affidavit".

      Me: So, you are telling me, that document that the nurse brought to me to sign that day in the birthing room was not the hospital's paper work, well who's was it?

      Them: No Sir,.....and did not elaborate.

      Me: Silence

      Them: Silence

      Me: Silence

      Them: Let me check a minute sir. Hearing clicking on the keyboard and she calls a number:

      Me: I call the number out to her and ask her what is that?

      Them:  She say's its "our" hospital storage "medical" number of that original document.

      Me: Well, can I come and pick up a copy of that?

      Them: No Sir, our hospital storage is not located on our property.

      Me: Well, where is that storage located so I can pick up a copy?

      Them:: Sir, you need to go to the Registar of Deeds, you know, your son will have to have that for school and all.

      Me: Thank you for help.

      So I reflected for a moment on the course of that dialog and then grabbed my Blacks 3rd and 6th editions and looked up every word relevant to what they intimated.

      Deed's of Trust, Registar of Deeds, Birth Records, etc and so on.

      So obviously the Hospital is an "agent" for some entity....and does not divulge the full terms and conditions as such for one to have full informed consent when executing a document presented by Doctor/nurse/Hospital and contracting party---you as agent for your children.

      Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

      Thanks,
      Gabriel in NC

    • titleinnovations
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
        Do a google search = family Bible records passport

        Historically before birth certificates, family Bibles contained birth,
        marriage and death information.

        Historically the Post Office has recoqnized them.

        John