Re: [tips_and_tricks] Invito beneficium non datur

  • Edwin Clements
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2003
      I would not make any bets on this. I think in some
      cases an invitation is necessary for the person in the
      other country to get a visa to enter the destination
      country, though.

      Yes, Edwin, I think that is correct. I read the book THE GOLD OF EXODUS, which I recommend highly. In that book some treasure hunters wanted to go to Saudi Arabia to search for the gold abandoned by the Israelites at the base of Mt. Sinai. They suspected it would be there based upon Exodus 36:3 which says, "3 And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of Israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal. And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning.
      4 And all the wise men, that wrought all the work of the sanctuary, came every man from his work which they made;
      5 And they spake unto Moses, saying, The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work, which the LORD commanded to make.
      6 And Moses gave commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary. So the people were restrained from bringing.
      7 For the stuff they had was sufficient for all the work to make it, and too much." They believed that the "too much" part had been left at the base of the mountain. They had to wait for some time before they could get a visa. Getting the visa depended upon getting an invitation from a sheik inside that country. Bear

      http://search.yahoo.com