Land Patents

  • nanken261
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27 1:24 PM
      Does anyone in Michigan have a Land Patent? Or does anyone have a
      Land Patent and where are you from? Is it easily accepted where you
      are at? Do you have any suggestions for us to do? Ours isn't easily
      accepted in Michigan. Any web sights or talk groups for Land
      Patents to discuss questions? Please let us know. Thanks Ken & Nancy
    • Pro Se
      Message 2 of 10 , May 27 8:22 PM
        in pa you need to go to the courthouse & find the OLD LAND WARRANTS
        find out where you property is...

        then we file for a LAND PATENT in HARRISBURG with the DEED info
        with the OFFICE of ARCHIVES or equiv. in your state
        they are like $5 p/ seal

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      • Tracie Moore
        Message 3 of 10 , May 29 6:53 AM
          Greetings!

          I live in MI and I don't know anyone that has a land patent. I do know a gentleman that teaches about them. He has seminars every Monday at 7pm in Berkley and his name is Arthur Morris.  His seminars are mostly about health, but he does talk about them briefly. His number is 248-626-5113.

          Peace, Love and Happiness

          Tracie

          Message 4 of 10 , May 31 11:29 AM
            --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Pro Se <proseinpa3@...> wrote:

            > in pa you need to go to the courthouse & find the OLD LAND WARRANTS
            > find out where you property is...

            In Pennsylvania most of the documents before 1850's are located in a
            museum in Harrisburg.

            Land sold by the proprietor (William Penn) went through a six step
            process:

            1 - Deed or lease and release (evidence of a right to a given amount
            of unlocated land)
            2 - Application
            3 - Warrant (an order to survey the amount of land requested)
            4 - Survey
            5 - Return of survey (a written rendering, the metes and bounds legal
            description, most of these start at a rock or a tree and are extremely
            difficult to identify without starting with more recent legal
            description and tracing the deeds and legal descriptions backwards)
            6 - Patent (final deed to the land)

            Land purchases from the Pennsylvania government after the revolution
            only had to go through steps 2 through 6.

            I know exactly how to find the old patents. In spite of several folk
            who claim they know how to update them, no one has ever told me how to
            successfully do it.

            There are some folk who do know, but they are not willing to talk.

            John
          • harmleccidiot
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 5, 2011
              Anybody know of anyone who has successfully received a land patent?

              Tom
            • enilak666@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2011
                I once corresponded with the original patent holder of the land patent I hold as the second Assign, my father having purchased the land from the original holder, then I from my father.
                My property was patented around 1968 by way of the BLM.

                Why do you ask ??

                Bill

                Anybody know of anyone who has successfully received a land patent?

                Tom

              • danny wayne
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 22, 2011
                  many people have patents, the problem is getting any county or state agency to recognized they have any value..the land patents are there, they just need to be brought forward to the new assign in the proper way.

                  To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
                  From: harmleccidiot@...
                  Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 04:06:59 +0000

                  Anybody know of anyone who has successfully received a land patent?

                  Tom

                • Dave Pierce
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 23, 2011
                    Hi Danny:   Obtaining a certified copy of a land patent for one's property is easy to do.   Submit to the Bureau of Land Management in Alexandria, VA a description of the property which you have title to along with the needed fee.  You will eventually receive a copy.
                      Once you have received your copy, you will have to find an attorney (hopefully in your geographical area) who is knowledgeable about land patents.  This will take some, possibly a  lot of, work.   Competent legal counsel is needed.   You may have to search the web for such attorneys.  Keep at it.  (Danny, start your search for such attorney(s) today.)

                    Dave

                    To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
                    From: harmleccidiot@...
                    Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 04:06:59 +0000

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 23, 2011
                      What I've learned from the BLM here on the West coast is that the original land patentee's name can not be changed, but you may file your name as the present Assign with your county recorder under their misc. file. This creates a legal document that you are now the present patent holder. Once that is recorded, have several certified copies made for your records and future legal use.You may even wish to use a local escrow company and pay them to furnish an Abstract of Title showing the status of your land and who presently owns it.

                      Bill

                      To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
                      From: harmleccidiot@...
                      Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 04:06:59 +0000

                      Anybody know of anyone who has successfully received a land patent?

                      Tom

                    • Cliff Bass
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 24, 2011
                        Please understand that a land patent is only a Quit Claim Deed actually.  The government quit all of its interest in the public land by their sale of such land.  By that sale the tract became private land.