Bank levy HELP!!

  • Zetoolman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18 6:03 PM
      My bank received a notice to withhold for taxes due from the FTB and seized 2 accounts. I know this is not legal, but do not know where to turn to stop it. The order is not signed, of course! The bank said they must do what the order says even though it is not a court order.

      The FTB has also filed a Notice of Lien at the county recorder, and do not know what to do about this. I assume the next thing they will do is order a garnishment from the place I work.

      Looking for some guidance here.
      Thanks!
      Moderator/Bear: I gave a talk on dealing with the state tax man here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9060843831286145687&q=legalbear
    • Don Schwarz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21 12:52 PM

        File an affidavit with the bank asserting the fact
        there is no court ruling regarding the alleged debt and that
        any action in violation of your rights would be unconstitutional
        and subject the bank to liability.

        You must make your objection known.

        At 06:03 PM 5/18/07 -0700, you wrote:

        My bank received a notice to withhold for taxes due from the FTB and seized 2 accounts. I know this is not legal, but do not know where to turn to stop it. The order is not signed, of course! The bank said they must do what the order says even though it is not a court order.

        The FTB has also filed a Notice of Lien at the county recorder, and do not know what to do about this. I assume the next thing they will do is order a garnishment from the place I work.

        Looking for some guidance here.
        Thanks!
        Moderator/Bear: I gave a talk on dealing with the state tax man here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9060843831286145687&q=legalbear

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.