Blanket bond-Take or leave free advice & suggestions

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2007

      Somebody sent a post to the group expressing frustration with Frog Farmer’s free advice and suggestions. I rejected the post saying the following:

      Please send any comments that indicate frustration with what Frog Farmer propounds directly to him. Take and use his free advice if you want. I do not mind you putting the results on the group. I do mind you being miffed at Frog Farmer. What do you want him to do, come to your County and prove to you that he can make work what he does there? Did it possibly occur to you that there is a judge in every state that will do what yours did to you? There was a guy here in Colorado that they literally dragged kicking and screaming into the courtroom, but, I live in Colorado and that never happened to me. There is a judge here that sent someone I know to Pueblo for a psychiatric evaluation where they plied him with drugs and ruined his life forever. He has never been the same since, but, I live here in Colorado and that never happened to me. A Citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven came to Colorado from Oregon with Kingdom of Heaven plates on his car. Colorado cops and courts treated him so bad that he declared them the worst he had ever seen before he went back to Oregon never to return. I live here in Colorado and have been driving around with Commonwealth of Israel plates on my car for five years and none of that ever happened to me. Everybody thinks their state is the worst. I have helped on cases in some thirty states and hear from people all over the U.S. and from I can tell, as it goes in your County, so it goes in the whole U.S.

      I challenge this whole group; come up with something that works in your state. Don’t be mad at Frog Farmer that he hasn’t studied your state's law the same way he has California ’s. Your state probably has something just as good or better. Go find it! Bear

      PS: Attached is an open records act request that was done for the State of Oklahoma . This was turned over to a state attorney for answers. I think that happened because it was so well researched it was intimidating to them. I am including this because the response lead to a “blanket bond” and who to contact in the state about it.

      RE: Oklahoma Open Records Act Request

      Oklahoma Tax Commission

      Fax #: 405-522-1711

      Attn. Joanne Kurjan

      Dear Joanne:

      I had my friend Barry call you and get your fax number. I ask him to get your fax number in hopes that this request could be expedited via a reply fax. Since I live X. X. miles from Oklahoma City , I am hoping that you can just look this up for me so that I will not be required to come there.

      I see the Oklahoma statute §51-24A.3(2) defines "Public body" as a commission. Oklahoma statute §51-24A.5 provides that, “All records of public bodies and public officials shall be open to any person for inspection, copying, or mechanical reproduction during regular business hours. I also see that Oklahoma statute §51-24A.5(3)(b) provides that, “In no case shall a search fee be charged when the release of records is in the public interest, including, but not limited to, release to the news media, scholars, authors and taxpayers seeking to determine whether those entrusted with the affairs of the government are honestly, faithfully, and competently performing their duties as public servants.” I believe that I qualify as a taxpayer. I'm hoping that my request that you expedite a response can be honored under Oklahoma statute

      §51-24A.5(5) providing that, “A public body must provide prompt, reasonable access to its records…”

      Since my Open Records Act request involves employees of the Oklahoma State Tax Commission, I think it's important for me to note Oklahoma statute §51-24A.7(B) respecting  personnel records provides that, “All personnel records not specifically falling within the exceptions provided in subsection A of this section shall be available for public inspection and copying including, but not limited to…” What I am requesting does not fall within the exceptions of subsection A.

      My request pertains to the following Oklahoma Tax Commission employees:

      Sharita Ramsey etc.

      In Oklahoma statute §68-104 provides that:

      The Tax Commission may employ such employees and incur such expense as may be necessary for the proper discharge of its duties under the limitations and restrictions as hereinafter set out.  All such employees who shall be required to handle public monies, or who shall be responsible therefor, shall give bonds for the honest and faithful performance of their duties, in such amounts as may be fixed by the Commission.

      1. As part of my request, please tell me which of the above listed employees/officers are considered to be “required to handle public monies”?

      2. As part of a request, please tell me which of the above listed employees have been required to, “…give bonds for the honest and faithful performance of their duties, in such amounts as may be fixed by the Commission.”

      3. As part of my request, if any of the above listed employees have been required to post a bond according to the above statute, please provide me with a copy of that bond.

      4. In addition to the above, please provide me with the dates that each of the above listed employees began working for the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

      Please notice that there are four parts to this open records act request that I’m requesting a response to. I would appreciate it if you did not overlook any of them.

      I also noticed that Oklahoma statute §51-24A.17(A) provides that, “Any public official who willfully violates any provision of the Oklahoma Open Records Act, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one (1) year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.” I point this out, not necessarily because I'm interested in pursuing criminal charges, but because I think it indicates that Oklahoma legislators intended that I received your full cooperation in the disclosures I'm requesting.  I also noticed that subsection (B) in that same statute provides for injunctive relief and attorneys fees.

      PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c.

      BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

      www.irs-armory.com

      www.irslienthumper.com