Re: [tips_and_tricks] When an attorney lies to the court...

  • Michael Noonan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2007
      --- Roy Dobbs <dobbsy49@...> wrote:

      > You may want to contact the state licensing agency
      > to find out if the attorney does in fact have a
      > license.

      If?

      What do the statutes say? What do the supreme court
      rules say?

      > At least try and see what the licensing agency
      > states in a letter to you.

      Try?

      One either does, or does not. There is no trying in a
      trying situation.

      I am guessing that somewhere in the rules for the
      state of Wisconsin it says an attorney must be
      licensed to practice law, and it is probable that
      the attorney's oath to support the constitution and
      the constitution for the state of Wisconsin shall be
      subscribed on the license.

      Don't bother to "see" what the licensing agency will
      state. Someone will write back and state the attorney
      is licensed since...date...to practice law. No
      mention will be made about a physical license.

      Cheers!

      mn

      http://mail.yahoo.com