Latest on Schiff

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003
      A Connecticut Yankee in the Court of
      King George

      I offer the attached for your consideration.

      Jim Davies http://www.TakeLifeBack.com

      A Connecticut Yankee in the Court of King
      George by Jim Davies Irwin Schiff was born and
      raised in Connecticut. There in Hamden outside
      New Haven this UCON econ graduate practised as
      an insurance broker, and there he made some of
      his most profound discoveries.

      One of the first was that paper isn't money.
      Of course it's not - how could it ever be? It has no
      intrinsic value, and it's far too easy for government
      to counterfeit, and anyway the rules under which
      ours are permitted to exist very clearly specify that
      governments shall "coin" money. Irwin Schiff
      never did find out how to "coin" bits of paper, and
      in 1968 just as Nixon was poised to take America
      right off the gold standard, he went to Congress
      and so testified. It failed to listen; and so the
      printing-press inflation of the 1970s took its
      devastating toll.

      Soon afterwards came another
      Republic-altering find: there is no way at all that
      laws can compel the filing of a 1040 every April
      while the Fifth Amendment still stands. Again, like
      most huge discoveries, this is perfectly obvious
      when one thinks about it; how ever could there be?
      - but sadly, most don't think. The Fifth promises
      we shall not be compelled to be a witness against
      ourselves, while every April a hundred million or so
      of us suppose we're compelled to be witnesses
      against ourselves.

      For publishing this vitally liberating
      discovery
      - like many great discoverers before him including
      Galileo - Schiff was treated to four years' free
      accommodation by the government that subsists
      on the hundred million contributions that
      accompany those annual forced confessions; but
      like a true Yankee, his spirits were in no way cast
      down.

      In 1992 Irwin Schiff released his current way
      to circumvent that viciously lawless piece of
      government larceny and tens of thousands of us
      since have been using it with spectacular success.
      That fact has gotten right up the government's
      wick.

      So last month in a last desperate attempt to
      prop up its crumbling "Income Tax" system, the
      Feds tried to violate another of Schiff's
      Constitutional rights: his First. Having totally
      failed
      to answer him, they now want to stop his
      questions; they have moved to make him silent. In
      a Federal Court run by one of their most loyal
      judges, Lloyd George (not to be confused with the
      British Prime Minister, a "Liberal" when the word
      meant something like it does in the dictionary)
      Irwin Schiff was ordered - temporarily, at least - to
      stop selling and explaining his own publications.

      Saddam Hussein survived three decades in
      brutal power in part by silencing dissent - because
      no First Amendment prevails in Iraq. This
      newspaper publishes its views because in America,
      it still does. But if King George has his way, it may
      not for much longer. The ACLU has taken note,
      and is supporting Schiff.

      Friday's hearing before His Majesty was a
      farce. The ban- and gag-order was being sought by
      the US Department of "Justice" on behalf of its
      buddies in the IRS, and incredibly, they did not put
      on the stand either of the two witnesses they had
      prepped. Irwin Schiff, like Moses fresh from Sinai,
      was loaded for bear so they didn't risk it. Instead
      Schiff presented two of his own highly articulate
      witnesses (and then was prevented from presenting
      more, by Hizzoner!) and the government's attorney
      didn't even cross-examine either! So their
      testimony that, under Schiff's guidance, they had
      searched the lawbooks and found no law to
      compel the payment of personal income tax was
      left unrebutted!

      No evidence was introduced to support the
      allegation that Schiff has been inciting many
      thousands of us to break the law; nor was any law
      identified that we might possibly have been
      breaking. And when Schiff put the lawbook on the
      table and offered to withdraw his own publications
      voluntarily if anyone present would identify ONE
      law that compels the payment of income tax, the
      government remained deafeningly silent.

      Some of Schiff's friends had thought of
      attending King George's Court dressed as
      kangaroos. Perhaps at the final hearing on May 1st,
      they will. They certainly should. Because Lloyd
      George has his name engraved over the courthouse
      door, and there is no way he is likely to throw
      away honor and prestige of that magnitude by
      doing such a foolish thing as upholding the Law.

      But if he did, just think: April 15th would
      for
      all of us be just another pleasant Spring day; the
      vast intrusiveness of the government's infamous
      1040 Form would go in the same ash can as the
      KGB and Saddam's secret police; our take-home
      pay would explode by 25% or more overnight; and
      a bright new era of American freedom and
      prosperity would begin.

      From Schiff himself:

      Friday, April 11th Report From The War
      Room: I will give you a brief synopsis of what
      transpired at the Preliminary Injunction �hearing�
      that took place today. When I get the tape I will
      post it to my web site, so you can hear the whole
      �hearing� and get an understanding of what passes
      as �due process of law� in the good ol� U.S. of A.

      First of all, the Government put on no
      witnesses, even though they had assured my
      attorney (at that time) that they would produce at
      least two witnesses, an IRS attorney and another
      witness. But apparently, after hearing my opening
      remarks they were too frightened to put anyone on.
      After I testified under oath, I invited the
      Government to cross-examine me. They refused. I
      invited the Government to identify one phrase from
      �The Federal Mafia� or any of my supplemental
      material that encouraged anyone to �evade� income
      taxes � since that was one of the Government�s
      claims. And they refused to do that too. I put on
      three witnesses. I had 4 more to put on, but Judge
      George refused to allow me to call any more
      additional witnesses because �Their testimony
      would be repetitive.� Well it would have to be
      repetitive, because the heart of the Government�s
      case was that I was selling a �tax shelter� or a
      �scheme.� So I could put on 100 witnesses that
      would testify that they stopped paying income
      taxes because �The Federal Mafia� merely led them
      to research the law itself, and it was their own
      research that led them to the belief that they did not

      have to pay income taxes. The Government was
      claiming that what I sold was a �tax shelter� or a
      �scheme� yet they did not put on witness who
      testified that they purchased a �tax shelter� or
      �scheme� from me.

      Each of my three witnesses testified that I
      sold them no such thing. �The Federal Mafia,� they
      said, merely piqued their interest in the legality of
      the income tax. They all testified that as the result
      of their reading �The Federal Mafia� they
      proceeded to check out the law itself (all of them
      testified they subsequently purchased the Internal
      Revenue Code from me) and the court cases I
      cited. I then asked them if The Federal Mafia�
      caused them to stop paying income taxes. They all
      said, �No.� And when I asked them what persuaded
      them to stop paying income taxes, they all
      answered, �Their own independent research� or
      words to that effect. And when I asked them what
      made them conclude from their independent
      research that they didn�t have to pay income taxes,
      they all testified that their independent research
      persuaded them that �1) They could find no law
      that required them to pay income taxes; 2) They
      could find no law that made them �liable� for
      income taxes; and that 3) They had no �income� in
      a �constitutional sense� � which meant a corporate
      profit and they all referenced the Smietanka
      decision. I then asked each of them, �Did you stop
      paying income taxes because I sold you a �tax
      shelter,� �No.� Did you stop paying income taxes
      because I sold you a scheme?� �No.� �Then on
      what basis did you stop paying income taxes?�
      �My own independent research� was the answer. I
      asked two of my witness, �If when the Government
      cross-examines you, the US Attorney shows you a
      law that makes you liable for income taxes or
      requires you to pay income taxes would you start
      paying income taxes again?� Both witnesses
      answered, �Yes.� (I failed to ask this question of
      the first witness.) Therefore it was incumbent on
      the Government to produce such a law on
      cross-examination � but the Government failed to
      do so. Earlier in the �trial� I offered to withdraw my

      opposition to the Injunction issue, if the
      Government would simply turn to the law that
      made me Oliable� for income taxes or required me
      Oto pay� the tax.� When I said that, I actually
      handed the Code to the Government�s attorney,
      Evan J. Davis, a total liar and a scoundrel (in other
      words, he has all the qualification to be a U.S.
      Attorney in the Tax Division of the DOJ)) yet with
      the Code sitting in front of him, he refused to
      produce the Code sections, even though I offered
      to drop my opposition to the Government�s suit if
      he would do so.

      There is a principle in law, that failure to
      answer when a response is called for is indicative
      of fraud. It was incumbent upon the Government
      to respond to my offer and those of my witnesses
      � but Davis failed to do so. Why? Because that
      scoundrel knows that there aren�t any such laws �
      yet he criminally prosecutes others and steals
      property from them (by way of civil litigation)
      pursuant to a tax he knows does not exist. Did I
      say he was a scoundrel? He is worse: he is a
      criminal. If I could question him before a grand
      jury I could easily get him indicted under 18 USC
      241 and 26 USC 7214 as well getting him indicted
      for violating his oath of office � which I also
      explained to Judge George in my opening remarks.

      But you will hear all of this as I have posted

      the audio file of the �hearing� to my Web Site.
      Meanwhile, this is a good time to order all of my
      other sensational books that you might not have.
      So, stay tuned.

      Irwin Schiff

      And for those of you true die-hards a couple
      of good ones on the general insanity of a country
      that takes nearly 40% of the people's earnings