Re: [tips_and_tricks] Anyone ever obtained a carry permit without revealing your SSN?

  • solemansammy@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2007
      Why on earth would you want to 'register' yourself for a carry permit with the authorities. ???
      In 99% of the cases I have studied, in almost all states you have 'almost' the same rights to carry WITHOUT a carry permit as with one. If you study the law a little you may find that you have all the 'carry rights' you need without getting on the lists!

      Anytime you have to 'use' a weapon, you will be in trouble if your life or someone else is not 'in imminent danger' whether you possess a 'permit' or not. If you use your weapon legally and only when necessary, no permit is needed. Sometimes its better to 'walk quietly and carry a big stick' than ask the authorities if you can 'walk loudly and let everyone know you are carrying a big stick'. I usually carry 'quietly' everywhere, even in NYC and choose not to be registered. Been doing it since I was a teenager and at age 70, still no problems.  Fortunately I've only had to show or allude to the weapon a few times and never had to follow up on the need to use it.

      Stay out of the system as much as possible.

      From: Fred Marshall <fredm07@...>

      Can 42 USC 408(d)(8) and/or 5 USC 552 (I think) be used as a valid
      objection to providing your SSN? I know the local and/or state law
      enforcement agency will claim they need it to run a background check,
      but I'm 99% certain that a background check can be done on someone
      without knowing their social security number.

      I'm especially interested if anyone knows any details about doing this
      without an SSN in Georgia.

      Thanks!!!