Re: Small Claims in California

  • tthor.geo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      FIRST, it sounds like you better find out if the company has filed
      in Federal Bankruptcy Court.

      If so, you can forget the rest of your plan and file as a 'unsecured
      creditor' in the Bankruptcy case.

      The California Small Claims courts I know about have a 'ceiling' of
      $5,000 for Small Claims cases [and you cannot 'split' your claim].

      You may also have problems with California Statutes of Limitations.

      http://www.leginfo.ca.gov has California law available on-line.

      Also check court.info.ca.gov for [statewide] Rules of Court.

    • WW011@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Cal (fresno)is now $7,500 and I believe a two year stat for damages of the
        like
        Info = small claims advisor

        See what's free at http://www.aol.com.