Re: [tips_and_tricks] Expert Witness

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2003
      I've been qualified as an expert wittness a number of times
      and depositions are considered a use of your time and expertise
      that prevents your normal production so argeed compensation is
      fully [and should be contractly expected. Getting paid after
      the fact is always an issue as almost no one's got extra cash
      unless an award is won, and then good luck waiting inline
      on payment with behind the scenes deals and litteral asscunding
      leaves you cut out most a days pay with just more lawyers in your
      life to try to pursure very far. DAMHIK>

      Rates can be determined by previous fee's pay'd to your expert
      wittness, such as the compensation you offered [or? provided].
      Ohter similarly qualified expert wittness 'rates' could be a basis
      as well as maybe what the oppossing firm has paid its own type.

      hobot