when a case ends

  • J
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
      When an order is given in a court, the case is over correct ? Well an
      order was given my case against the township. The order was against
      me. This is over 3 months ago. Now I filed a federal lawsuit against
      the township and the federal judge says my claim is barred under the
      anti-injunction act which is in the us code. The act says that a
      federal court can not hear a case if it is in state court at the same time...
      Any thoughts on this, looking for info,help..Thanks Jay in Penn
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
        J [mailto:272yb@...] asked:

        > When an order is given in a court, the case is over correct ?

        According to my understanding, it's over when no party wants to perfect
        an appeal to the Supreme Court.

      • pd
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
          In the event the order was against the township and against you, it appears there are issues the court wanted resolved and neither you nor the township has finalized that particular aspect of the litigation.  There can be many orders during the pendency of any litigation.  The order you are referring to is what is called the final order wherein the judge issues a ruling, based on findings of fact and conclusions of law, declaring the final resolution of the case.  Apparently, you are not there yet.  You will have to push the issue in your local court to get the final determination before you can seek remedy elsewhere.  Read your local court rules, rules of civil or criminal procedure (whichever applies to your current case), rules of evidence, etc. so you can understand what procedures and remedies are available to you.     pd

          J <272yb@...> wrote:
          When an order is given in a court, the case is over correct ? Well an
          order was given my case against the township. The order was against
          me. This is over 3 months ago. Now I filed a federal lawsuit against
          the township and the federal judge says my claim is barred under the
          anti-injunction act which is in the us code. The act says that a
          federal court can not hear a case if it is in state court at the same time...
          Any thoughts on this, looking for info,help..Thanks Jay in Penn

          Get your own web address.