WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET

  • The Handyman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
      WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET

      This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent. The system has been
      tried and it works in every state. If you get a speeding ticket or went
      through a red light or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license. This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the
      points.

      When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is
      $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine.
      The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference,
      however here is the trick. DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!

      Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial

      transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the
      transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is
      satisfied and will no longer bother you (and no points will be added to
      your license). This information comes from an unmentionable computer
      company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

      He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
      The Handyman
    • Faith Farm
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
        This is false according to snopes.  Apparently forms of this "advice" have been making the internet/e-mail rounds since 1998 on several continents!

        On Apr 1, 2007, at 5:36 PM, The Handyman wrote:

        When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is
        $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine.
        The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference,
        however here is the trick. DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!

        In our Lord's Service,

        Tim Kiley, caretaker, Faith Farm

        "It ain't what ya don't know that hurts ya. What really puts a hurtin' on ya is what ya knows for sure, that just ain't so." -- Uncle Remus

        In 1846, Henry David Thoreau, famous for his essay on "Civil Disobedience" was put in prison for refusing to pay taxes, based upon his principles. When his friend, Ralph Waldo Emerson came to prison to visit him he asked: "What are you doing in there?" Thoreau replied indignantly:  "What are you doing out there?"

        Timothy John Kiley is a Sovereign natural flesh and blood man, of the soil.
        All rights reserved Without Prejudice
        Sovereign's confidentiality notice: This private email
        message, including any attachment(s)is for the sole use
        of the intended recipient and may contain privileged
        and confidential information. Any/all political, private
        or public entities, International, Federal, State, or
        Local corporate government(s), private International
        Organization(s) Municipality(ies), Corporate agent(s),
        informant(s), investigator(s) et. al., and/or third party
        (ies) working in collusion by monitoring my email(s), and
        any other means of communication without my permission
        are barred from any unauthorized review, use,
        disclosure, or distribution. With explicit reservation of
        all my rights, without prejudice and without recourse to
        any of my rights. Any omission does not constitute a
        waiver of any and/or all intellectual property rights or
        reserved rights. Notice to Principal is notice to Agent,
        Notice to Agent is Notice to Principal.
        constitute a violation of law.  If you are not the intended
        this e-mail, and delete the message from your system.  If you
        immediately.

      • hobot
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
          The Beast is long wise to this, they will just not cash partial
          amount check as not full amount and your ticket will turn into
          a warrant for arrest plus what ever penality that can attach.

          hobot
        • Arthur Patterson
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
            I recently tried sending in a few extra dollars in paying for a speeding ticket. Not only did I still get the points but I never got a refund for the difference. I didnt think it would work as it sounded too easy. Unfortunately I was correct.

            AP

            Get your own web address.
          • Pro Se
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
              Arthur thanks for your reply & post

              FOLKS don't believe everything you read or hear
              EVEN HERE, if you take anything on BLIND FAITH without doing any of your own research....you fate is your own.

              Aurthur found out the hard way - if some patriot scammer is calling your "friend" every step of the way - but he or she won't sign a release saying they will bail you out of jail or pay all fines fees & costs that are imposed, then proceed with caution.

              This week I'll go through a few cases where we won & give case #'s YOU will have to do the research & get the case transcripts to find out how we did it...

              Do your homework & do your research. We all benefit.

              The fish are biting.
            • hobot
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
                Traffic courts are wise to this old tactic.
                If you send less than ticket amount, it will be rejected
                and returned as insufficient 'payment' and ticket will
                remain outstanding to them until you send exact amount.

                hobot